Translate

Thursday 13 March 2014

The Correlation between Artists, Success and Batsh*t Craziness


What is the similarity between Carvaggio, Johnny Depp, Heath Ledger, Virginia Woolfe, Charles Dickens, Van Gogh and Helena Bonham Carter (etc.)? All these artists at one point or another have been perceived as crazy. They are also all super successful in their fields. 

Right you are!
I live really close to a Fashion Institute and today when I was passing by, I realised how boring the people coming out of it looked. That's why not all designers (even with degrees) are successful because the honest truth is they are not crazy enough!

What do I mean by crazy?
Having said that, it doesn't mean that all crazy people are artists or all successful artistes are crazy. When I say crazy I don't mean that these people are mad; what I mean is they are insane enough to do things are not in trend or the complete opposite of what normal people do. There has to be a certain madness to try out new things - to experiment.

Apart from that I think, artists enter this zone when working when they are all alone. They think of things in ways that no one has ever done before. That way people go like, 'OMG, No way dude! You're crazy!' so I suppose the craziness just progresses as they continue to work. I found this cool article on WiseGeek that you can take a look at if you want to know more. 




No comments :

Post a Comment