Translate

Friday 8 November 2013

ReviewThisWeek: Krrish 3 [Spoiler]



I've done this before. I have commented on movies starring my favourite actors and here I am again but this time, I am more upset than anything. I love Hrithik Roshan. He carries himself well; acts well and looks good. But, he upsets me at times because he doesn't do enough movies. He upset me even more with his Krrish franchise.

It all began with Koi Mil Gaya, a story of an abnormal child who is given superpowers by an alien played by ofcourse Hrithik Roshan. Then came Krrish 2 and not only did Hrithik Roshan reprise his role from his earlier film but also, played the role of his own son. Now, I enjoy double roles sometimes but this one just pissed me off. AND then last week, we saw the release of Krrish 3 in which Hrithik continued his role of the son of the abnormal-turned-intelligent father who became the superhero called (you might've already guessed) Krrish. I so wish the only problem with Krrish 3 (forget the previous films or this post might never end) was that Krrish's father was never invited for his birthday party but it isn't. There's more...alot more.

Although I have immense respect for the Roshans and SRK, for trying to create Indian superheros in a market where the masses literally worship the English superheros and don't appreciate the Indian ones but Krrish 3 is a clear rip off. I have seen Spiderman, X-Men, Superman, Batman and Iron Man way too many times to not realise where they've copied from. For those who argue against me, what are the odds that they came up with a mutant stuck on the wheelchair and able to control objects with his mind on their own? (Charles Xavier anyone?)

There is a very implausible story line and can we stop with the family genetics and hierarchy already? I can't believe that they didn't bother to explore the Alien storyline because aliens just help humans and leave, don't they? (duh!) The songs are too atrocious for me to even comment upon. I'm still confused about Krrish's powers...can he fly? Can he jump? WHAT CAN HE DO? The graphics were way to fake at some moments especially the airplane scene.

I loved Hrithik Roshan in Jodha Akbar, Zindagi Na Milege Dobara, Dhoom 2, Kaho na Pyaar hai and many more but I cannot believe that the father-son duo sat down and gave Krrish 3 a go after watching the movie in its entirety. All I can hope is that there will NOT be a Krrish 4 because I haven't yet gone into the depths and details of the problems of Krrish 3 yet. I sincerely wish that Hrithik will move on to act in other great movies. For now I give Krrish 3 1/5 stars (for attempting VFX).

If you enjoyed please leave a comment or favourite this post.
If you didn't, share you thoughts with me below :).
Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment